Salgueirón 9, 36940
Cangas de Morrazo
+34 986 392 020
+34 986 392 626
Who we are
Hermanos Gandón S.A. is a shipowner fishing company with a huge family character.
Our offices are located in Cangas, a town with a large fishing tradition, placed in the Ría of Vigo, just two nautical miles away from its fishing port, the most important of Europe.
Nowadays, our fishing fleet is formed by 4 freezer ships:
- Ana Gandón ( 58 m - 963 GT - Year 2001 )
- Aldán ( 54 m - 606 GT - Year 1989 )
- Esperanza Menduíña ( 77 m - 1866 GT - Year 1988 )
- Hermanos Gandón Cuatro ( 63 m - 1210 GT - Year 1988 )
All of them have quotas in NAFO fishing ground (Canada).
Esperanza Menduíña and Hermanos Gandón Cuatro have also quotas in Irminger and Greenland (East part) fishing grounds for Redfish and in NEAFC waters for Blue Whiting. These ships can also obtain quotas for Blu Whiting in Feroe Islands, Norway, Jan Mayer and Svalvard, from time to time.
Our fleet's activity also leads to Hatton Bank fishing ground, to get deep species: Baird's Smoothead, Roughead Grenadier, Blue Ling, Scabbardfish...
Besides, Hermanos Gandón Cuatro has also got quotas for Northern Prawn in NAFO and some years in Svalvard fishing ground.
Thus, the summary of our main captures by fishing grouds is:
- NAFO (4-6 times a year, around 200 days a year among our four ships): Greenland Halibut, Grenadier, White and Red hakes, Redfish, American Plaice...
- Hatton Bank (4-6 times a year): Baird's Smoothhead, Grenadiers, Blue Ling, Catfish, Dogfish, Scabbardfish...
- Irminger and Greenland: Beaked Redfish.
- Feroe Islands, Norway, Jan Mayer and Svalvard (2-4 times a year depending on quota): Blue Whiting.
- NEAFC: Blue Whiting.
- NAFO (depending on quota): Northern Prawn.
- Svalvard (depending on quota): Northern Prawn.
More info about species, packaging and pocessing types in our products section.
Hermanos Gandón SA